Sex?

So i was watching this morning show this morning, and it was talking about a preacher who was preaching to have sex 7 days in a row. Do you think this a appropriate topic to be preaching about?

I dont see it as a bad thing, we all do it and its a natural thing. But only between spouses, I am not talking about random people.

What do you ladies think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guess I want to know why? What was his point?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i think i would find another church. who preaches about having sex for 7days. no sex isnt bad we all do it but that might make some teenagers think its ok to go out and have sex with whoever whenever.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Know what you are talking about before you make assumptions please.

http://current.com/items/89522154/pastor_issuing_7_day_sex_challenge.htm

Anonymous

• http://www.nbcwashington.com/health/tips_info/Pastor-Challenges-Congregation-to-Seven-Days-of-Sex.html
    Anonymous

• wow very interesting
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think it is a good thing. Lots of couples lack intimacy, and the guy was trying to save marriages. I am not Christian, but I see his point.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the link, anon. I don't know, I'm torn. I get what he's saying and I like some aspects of his message and his point of view. Sex should be a fun, safe, nurturing thing (in my opinion). But at the same time I disagree with some aspects of this. For one thing, I don't think sex has to be within the confines of a marriage in order for it to be good and healthy. And even when it is within the confines of a marriage, I don't think that having sex for 7 days straight is practical for a lot of people. I think of myself and how I was with sex just a few years ago.... I was molested as a child, and so until I made some breakthroughs recently, sex was a really scary, painful, and difficult thing for me. If the pastor of my church, someone I admired and considered to be a spiritual authority, told me to have sex for 7 days, that would have absolutely freaked me out and sent me into a huge tailspin.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I was not assuming anything. I believe sex is a beautiful thing in a marriage, and it helps build trust in a relationship. I just thought that many people would see this as a "taboo" subject to be discussed in a religous setting. I just wanted to see the views of others.
    Anonymous

• i recently read an article where two couples committed to having sex daily - i think one was six months and one was a year. they discovered much about their marriage and about what really brought them enjoyment in sex and in their marriage. i want to say it was a redbook article. very insightful. the bible is very clear in at least one book of the beauty and joy and pleasure of sex. i think people get uncomfortable hearing such advice as many religions make sex a taboo subject. but it's natural. and the ministers are people too.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• sex should not be discussed in church outwardly in that kind of setting. are there not kids sitting in the pews hearing this as well? it would be different if i went to my bishop and ask him as a couple what is wrong with our sex life and how to feel more connected in marriage and he gave this advice i would follow it. i have heard of this before and think it would build your relationship up but i also think that if the women doesn't enjoy it that after awhile it would feel more of a duty then out of love that you have it. so i don't think it should be up to someone outside of that marriage to say what is or isn't best for someones marriage or not. although if it was the prophet then i would obey him since he is getting his message straight from god.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2008