Would you find it odd if the neighbor child screams like she's dying...

and then looks around to see if anyone is listening? This goes on ALL the time - it's enough to drive me insane.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would find it aggravating, but not odd. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Omgosh! Do we share the same neighbors?!?
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 7:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My daughter is 4 and constantly screams like she's dying. The other night she was screaming because her brother told their dad to come upstairs and she wanted to tell him.
    I used to worry about what my neighbors thought, but now they know her so it's all good.
    So no I wouldn't find it odd.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Not unless there was anothwer reason to think there was something wrong. Kids scream. It happens.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Oh, this little girl sits outside on her trampoline - or on the concrete "stump" in front of our house (it was a step to get into carriages) and scream like crazy. Then, she looks around to see if anyone's doing anything. If not, she screams until she gets bored. It really bugs me when she does it in our front yard, but I don't really know what to do about it, the family barely speaks English, so I don't think I could reasonably talk with her mom.

scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• she sounds like she's doing it for attention...but if your that worried, call your local police sation and have them do a well child check
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Sorry, but you just made me remember a couple of summers ago when my dau & the little boy next door were outside playing. They got into a screaming contest & the cops showed to make sure the neighbor & I werent hurting the kids. I about died. Needless to say the screaming game has been called on account of total embarrassment! -LOL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes. I agree, call the police and have it checked out. That should make the parents a little more aware and give the girl plenty of attention for awhile.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Not odd, no....but it would be irritating.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would find it irritating for sure. Does she speak good English? I would just ask her not to scream like that because it could scare people, including you. I wouldn't bother the police with a screaming child call, personally.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011