How to Get Rid of Gnats

Hello I live in Riverview Fl. we have a lots of theses GNATS every time i got outside they get in your face and know they found there way in the house. we don't have no old or standing water just a pond.

Than you
Tammy

piglet91

Asked by piglet91 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do not have the answer but I hate them. They are everywhere here. Ah!
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 7:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't know about getting rid on them outside... but for the ones that made it into your house I've done this to catch them. in a botle (like a soda bottle or water bottle)put some water with apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon on dish soap. give it a stir and set it out where you see them the most. I put it by the window above my sink. they are attracted to the vinegar and fly in the bottle and cant find their way out the the soap gets on there wing and they cant fly and end up drowning. then you just cap the bottle and throw away.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have never had any luck with the vinegar and dish soap recipe, although tons of people swear by it. The only thing that worked for my was when I hung the old fashioned fly strips by the garbage can where they seemed to congregate. They are annoying little boogers!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2011