Teenage girls trying to get pregnant?????

I have a 17 year old son, I am a single mom (his dad passed away when he was 11) but we are very close. We talk about everything. He told me that a bunch of girls at his school are trying to get pregnant. He goes to a school with about 2000 students and there are at least 11 girls already pregnant. Well he told me his girlfriend is one of the girls trying to get pregnant, a friend told him that and he asked her and she admitted that she wanted to. He says he uses a condom VERY TIME and he brings the condoms (no chance for her to poke a hole in it but he said he is still thinking about breaking up with her because he is afraid that if she REALLY wants to get pregnant, she will find a way. On the other hand, he said that he loves her and doesn't want to break up with her (they have been together for 2 years). I told him to talk to her about why she wants to get pregnant and make sure she knows that while he does love her, he is not AT ALL ready for a baby and neither is she. I am so freaked out, when I was that age, we were trying desperatly NOT to get pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Probably trying to mimic the movie The Pregnancy Pact.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 8:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yeah, maybe, I saw it but I never thought it would happen here. I mean, I went to his school the other day to drop something off and you see a pregnant girl everytime you turn around it seems, and those are just the ones who are showing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Talk to her or her parents about your concerns. Say that many of your sons classmates are becoming pregnant and you are concerned and want to make sure that they both are in it to have safe sex.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 8:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I wonder if they're actually trying to mimic that movie or if they're all just saying that they're doing it for attention.

Either way, if she really wanted to get pregnant, she'd find a way. My advice to him is to stop having sex with her ASAP, even if he's using a condom. She's obviously not thinking straight if she wants to get pregnant at that age. I hate the way tv attempts to dramatize teen pregnancy. They either make it out to be totally and completely disastrous or they glamorize it. Very rarely do they show that eventually it USUALLY works out but it takes forever to get there. And I argue that Teen Mom attempted to do that but those girls somewhere somehow had a support system, however ridiculous it was. Not to mention they had income because MTV paid them for the show.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• warning, I doubt this girls parents think they do more then hold hands, the are VERY conservitive, in fact they didn't even want her dating my son because they thought I was divorced, then they found out I am widowed and then I guess he was good enough
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• All this stuff on tv about teen pregnancy isnt scaring them lots of them still think its cool or whatever. Why dont you talk to her, not in a mad and mean why but just they to explain things to her. Or let her mom know. And if she really really wants to get pregnant she could still find a way, even if he brings the condoms, hes not gonna guard them 24/7, She could poke them in a few seconds.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• they you should really talk to her parents!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree that you son need to abstain and when she asks why he tell her that sorry but he is not ready for fatherhood.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 8:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That is insane! Why doesn't this girl have dreams and ambitions?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would tell her parents. She won't be dating anyone.

Okay, so I'm kidding. I would tell him that her sneaking around and lying is not a good basis for a relationship and that if he really doesn't want to be a dad he should stop having sex with her.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011