How soon would a 16 year old start to show?

My husband's 16 year old sister came to me saying she is pregnant. She is 9 weeks along and the family is planning on going to visit her grandma (who is dying) over spring break, which is in 4 week and they will be there for 2 weeks so they will be there until she is about 15 weeks along. She wants to wait until after they get home to tell her parents because she wants them to be able to focus on grandma and she also doesn't want the whole family to find out just before she is about to see everyone (they are catholic and VERY conservitive). She is very thin, 5 foot 1 and 100 pounds, do you think she will be showing by then? She is going to the OBGYN and is taking prentals and doing everything she should on her own. I can't remember exactly when I started showing but I think it was around that time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would think she would be showing at that point, I know I had a small bulge at 8 weeks.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• With my first I didn't show until I was halfway through my 5th month. With my last I was in maternity pants at 9 weeks. It really is different for everyone. She needs to let someone else who will be on this trip know just in case of an emergency.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• she willbe showing...better tell them before
    Anonymous

• If she's that tiny, she'll start showing before too long. But it won't be too big of a bump, so it'll probably be easily hidable underneath certain styles of clothing.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• with my first i was 120lbs & wasnt showing until 5 months... but im sure there will be a little something there popping her belly out.. over the time she is there..but it could easily be missed im sure!.. everyone is different.. i guess you never know!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma, Me and my husband will be going
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• um it sounds like she is built like me and i didnt show until the fourth month even though i noticed a pouch it mostly looked like i ate a big sandwhich or big meal she might be ok but she probably will be having a little belly by then.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• im pretty sure she'll be showing by then
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• im 17, 5'1" about 105 or 108 and i just found out im pregnant a few days ago and im 7weeks, i can already see a lil bump starting form so she'll most likely be showing with a small bump by then.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i started to show at 10 weeks.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011