Has anyone done the 24 hour urine collect thing & not have to be induced?

ive been sent to the hospital twice now after my doctors appointment.. they have found protein in my urine, and high blood pressure.. so the latest time the hospital had me do the 24 hour urine collecting.. i turned it in on friday, and have to go to the doctor monday for results....... has anyone done that and NOT have to be induced due to pre-eclampsia.. or at this point will they probably push induction? im 37 weeks and 1 day tomorrow!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was 36 weeks and they induced me....but it didn't work and I had to have a c-section. But I would think that it would really depend on how bad they think it is. They were going to put me on bedrest until I just went into labor on my own, but I was having horrible headaches and was dizzy and seeing spots. You just have to realize that whatever the dr decides to do, it's probably for the best for you and baby.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I was induced with my last son for high blood pressure, and everything went as smooth as possible, I have no horror stories to share or c-section stories. Hopefully if you too have to be induced it'll go as well as mine did. Just remember if your blood pressure gets too high it can be life threatening for you and baby, so although induction isn't the best option it's better then someone dying. Hope everything turns out positive for you.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011