Question about depo

Do you ovulate while on Depo?? I know this may sound really stupid especailly since I'm currently ON depo. I used to be on depo for about 5yrs..stopped had a couple kids and am now on depo again. I'm due for my next inj. in about 3wks.
Today I've been having some cramping and I almost feel like I'm gonna start my period or something.I know you can have a period while on the shot it has just never happened to me before. I've had a couple people joke that it could be a sign of pregnancy but then someone else said that i could just be ovulating? I really don't think I'm pregnant. I've just never had this happen in all the years that I've been on the shot so I was just wondering...any one have any ideas????

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• After i had my son the obgyn told me to wait until i stop bleeding and then when i start my first period to come back and get the shot. Well i bleed for 6 weeks after my son was born, then i stopped bleeding for a week and then strarted my period, when i got the shot i bleed for 3 month straight. needless to say i havnt got the shot again. I dont like the shots one bit.
    cobysmom151

Answer by cobysmom151 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008