Mom's who have been thru hell. adult content

Dear Mothers out there.. please help me.?
My ex and I have a daughter together. I recently moved far far away to lala land where its almost perfect (sometimes) and I still want him in her life because he is her father. BUT tonight he called me a fucking bitch.
he does shit like this all the time.
WHAT am I supposed to do?
I never talk bad about him in front of her.
I like put my all into trying to keep him in her life until recently when I had for warned him that i was going to move no matter what if he did not try hard to be in her life. but no he didnt do anything to BE there FOR HER.
*rips all of her lovely hair out*
Please help?
Should I get his rights revoked? so he cant have her for the three months hes supposed to get her?
etc
UGH
:(
IDK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would. Knowing what you-and the therapist know,do you really think he'd fight you and have that shit become public?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If he has not made the effort to be there for her then maybe it would be best to revoke his rights.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Having a father figure in her life is very important and I pat you on the back for trying to do the right thing here. However, it is not important at all costs.

If it is going to cause bigger problems, be an unhealthy environment, or is not a safe place for 3 months for her, then you do need to fight it and revoke...to protect your daughter.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would get his visitation revoked how he treats you bad is only a matter of time before he starts to transfer he needs to get some help and anger management.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am thinking that you chould revoke his rights. I am reading a book titled "To the Last Breath" written by Carlton Stowers and what you are saying is something similiar to what is in the book. The child in the book dies, so I think that while you are ahead, do what ever means possible to protect your child. Ps, not trying to scare you at all, so please don't think that I am
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'M KINDA IN THE SAME THING CAUSE LIKE MY DAUGHTERS FATHER USE TO BEAT ON ME IN FRONT OF HER AND SHE ALMOST TWO YEARS. I LEFT WITHOUT HIM KNOWIMG AND MOVED WITH MY SISTER. NOW, I CALL MYSELF BEING NICE FALLING FOR THAT SOME "SHE NEEDS HERE FATHER " OR THE "I PROMISE TO KEEP HER AWAY". tHAT'S SOME BULLSHYT CAUSE HER FATHER DOES DO SHYT HER HER ANYWAY. HE LIE ABOUT COMING TO GET HER, THEN PLAY GAMES ABOUT BRINGING HER BACK, THAT'S NOT THE WORST PART...... WHEN I GOT HER BACK SHE WAS SMELLY,NO COAT, DIRTY CLOTHES, HAIR NOT DONE. AND I GOT SO UPSET CAUSE MY BABY HAS A SKIN DISEASE. SO ITS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE GOOOOOD CARE OF HER. AND THEY DIDN'T DO THAT SO YES I WOULD REVOKE HIS RIGHTS. I NEED MY SONS FATHER THE SAME WAY. DON'T FEEL BAD..... YOU HAVE TO DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD. IT DON'T MATTER HOW HE FEELS CAUSE YOU DO EVERYTHING FOR THAT BABY....YOU HANDLE YOU BUSINESS, YOU MOTHER BEFORE YOU ANYTHING ELSE....
    LizzieBaddAzz

Answer by LizzieBaddAzz at 9:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't know where you live, but in Illinois, you cannot remove his rights unless he is incarcerated (and only for certain offenses), an addict, you are remarrying and the new man wants to adopt your daughter (your ex would have to sign off on this). However, if there is any abuse in the relationship, that is also grounds to remove his visitation rights.
    mpm915

Answer by mpm915 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• no physical abuse just emotional abuse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• While I agree that it's wrong of him to speak to you like that, what matters here is if he is a good father or not. If he's good to his child, and not a danger to her, it would be wrong to have his visitation taken away. I doubt a court would take his visitation or his rights away unless it was dangerous for your child to be with him.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i did not mention he is depressed has previously been on meds and quit taking them because they were to expensive, and has threatened to kill himself in the past year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011