Found a lump :/

So, yesterday (Saturday), I felt a lump about the size of a grape right in the crease where my thigh meets my pelvic area. It scared the crap out of me since I have already been to the ER twice now for abdominal (under ribs to pelvic region) pains. At first they thought ovarian cysts but the ultrasound came back normal, now they are looking for apendicitis and gallbladder problems.
I can't make appointments over the weekend, so I AM calling in the morning (Monday) to make an appointment with my Dr. However, I am soo nervous and just wanted to know if you guys have had similar experiences and could help prepare me.
I have researched it, and it seems like it could be a swollen lymph node, but I still dont know what all that means or if that could be linked to my abdominal pains (or if this lump is actually...). It is tender to the touch and I notice it when I think about it, but it's not like it is extremely painful or anything...
Any insight? Thanks! :)

RachWell

Asked by RachWell at 8:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• I know nothing about it but I hope it is nothing. just wanted to say good luck to you. (and a bump up)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I went through the same thing with the abdomin pains. The only thing they ever found was fluid where there shouldn't have been any. My Dr. though it was either cysts even though they never seen any, or a reverse menstrual flow....strange right? Anyway....the lump does sound like a swollen lymph node. I've had them and they can really hurt sometimes. Good luck and I'll bump ya too!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't have an answer and i've never been through this but I hope you get the answers you need and everything turns out ok! Hang in there and you've got a great support system here-most of the ladies are pretty cool <3
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have had the same thing right in that same area, its a swollen lymph node. If you have been sick recently or are getting sick thats most likely what it is caused from (mine was). There are lymph nodes all over your body..including places that you would never think there was any. Most think of a lymph node as being in your neck, nope there all over your body. They can be slightly painful and some can be pretty painful. I am fighting strep throat right now and the lymph nodes on the sides of my neck hurt so bad to even touch them.
    Glad you are making an appt to get it checked out, but im pretty sure all it is is a lymph node. Good luck. Keep us posted or send me a message in my inbox
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2011