• In the Spotlight:

Do you feel like the "BLACK SHEEP" of the family?

My dad turned 69 today, which is truly a blessing with how ill he's been. My mom planned the party and cooked everything, and it was really nice. I'm having money problems until payday Tuesday so I showed up with no gift, and I still feel bad. My two wicked sisters however did not make me feel any better. I could feel the tension in the air, and I felt very uncomfortable. They didn't get him anything over the top, just some money and a cologne set. I don't know, maybe it's me, but my son believed they were rude too. Anyway my mom's birthday is March 3rd, so I'm just going to get them both an Edible arrangement to share. Why do siblings try to make themselves feel like they're better than you. Do any of you moms go through the same thing with a sibling? Like it's always a competition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Sometimes I feel that way.
    Anonymous

• Hell yeah, my people are crazy, like I'm adopted and I just meet my blood sisters for the first time in sixteen years. you would think it would be smiles and laugther but its not. It's crrazy cauuse we not talking and i leave around the corner from them. And everybody talk shyt about me because i had my baby at 16. I'm 19 with two different babydaddy's and three kids. THAT'S A LOT TO TALK ABOUT!!!!
    LizzieBaddAzz

Answer by LizzieBaddAzz at 9:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yup, my brother is the golden child and nothing I can ever do will be as good as anything he does. I just ignore it, I don't stress over it because it's not going to change. As far as my brother, if his life is so un-rewarding that he needs to make me feel bad over small stuff to make himself look and feel good, then that's on him. Sounds like your sisters are doing the same, let them do what they do, poor little darlings may not have much else to be 'happy' about.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am the black sheep of the family and I just pay no never mind to them it drives them crazy.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yes but sad thing is I am not in competition with them ,I am very happy with what I have and what I don't have, I could careless what they have and they do have, but it doesn't bother me, I never was a money hungry person..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I used to be but now that I've turned my life around, I'm no longer the black sheep. I'm actually the one that is looked up to now and it's nice in more ways than one.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No it is never a compitetion between me and my brothers, BUT I know that my two brothers are a lot closer to each other than they are with me. I envy them, but I know that they remember our mother and our real father being together and all the fights and bad dealings so that may be why they are I don't know. Technically I am the youngest out of eight. Two brothers, two half brother (from my real father of them had passed away) and a step brother and two step sisters from my step fathers side. Out of everyone and everything that goes on I still feel like the blacksheep and I feel left out a lot of times. The main person I was close to had passed away a long time ago, my grandma.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My family has never made it a secret that I am unwanted. It hurt me for a long time, and I tried just about everything in the world to at least be kind of accepted. I made a resolution on New Years 2009 that I had enough of this, and took the attitude that God, DH, son and me are the only ones that matter in my life. BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• always have and always will seems like it doesn't get any better when there is a death in the family either. My siblings have always treated me as if I was beneath them because I didn't make as much as they did or live in a big of a house that they did or drive a fancy or expensive car like they did, but let me tell you this I may not have those things but I have my husband and boys that love me for me and that means more then anything they will ever have. I have a sister that is just older then me and would talk to me on a daily basis up until September of last year and then all of a sudden she won't answer her phone, answer her door or anything and I have no clue why, it hurts but you have to just move on and surround yourself with people that accept you and treat you with respect.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011