Have anyone have a child(ren) and the partner didn't? How did he/she treat the kids?

LizzieBaddAzz

Asked by LizzieBaddAzz at 8:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't have any biological children and my fiancĂ©e does but if you look at all of my posts I always call him my son. :) I also call my step dad dad instead of Harvey because he was more of a dad than my biological father ever was and he still has no kids of his own. Craig (BD) worked night shift from 11 to 8 and than slept until 11 the next night. We never saw him and he never had time to do anything or show up to anything we were in but he had time to sleep with other women behind my mom's back. Dad (Harvey) was at every game, every concert, even took us on vacation for the first time in our lives. He would take us to see our favorite bands play and be right there rockin' out with us and he even took me to a ren fair. We would stay up late on the weekends and play rock band or watch movies as a family. We never had that before. He was also there whenever we were hurting or just needed to talk. He was an awesome dad . :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have a stepson and I treat him like he is my own within my stepmother abilities. When he is with us I treat him like he was one of the family. He has his own room and we go on about our lives with him there. Sometimes we'll plan something fun for him, or we try and plan something so that he can be involved and we discipline him all the same. If BM or DH ask me to do something for him, like pick up his meds and I am able to, I will do that for him, or if I see a shirt or something that I think he will like I will buy it for him.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i had a 6 yr old son when SO and i got together and he had no kids...he's always treated my older son as his own. now that we have a child together, he still treat both the kids the same. my older son has even said he wished my SO was his real dad and my SO has said that if we ever split up that he'd still want to have contact with my older son. as far as everyone's concerned, my SO is his dad and he is my SO's son.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011