Disneyland for 11 yr old boy?

Is there enough to keep him happy as well or will he be miserable?

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Travel

• We took our 12 yr old boy last fall. He loved epcot. There is plenty to keep any kid happy in my opinion.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It could go either way. I have lots of cousin that age and some of them would be freakin thrilled to be at Disney...others would be embarrassed and play it off as not being excited, lol.

I mean, if you don't force Mickey Mouse down his throat he should at least enjoy the rides. They have some bad ass rides, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If he's bored, California Adventure could be your last resort.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It's all about how tall he is. If he's too short for the rides then yes, he probably won't have very much fun. But if he's tall enough to ride at least most of the rides he should have a good time. My sister was big enough when we went and she was eleven.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I was 12 when my family went. I was bored, but only because there were 4 other kids to keep happy who wanted to go on the "baby rides." If you are willing to take him on the cool rides (It's a Small World and Dumbo DO NOT COUNT, lol) He should be fine. Animal Kingdom or Universal Studios may be more up his alley because there are more things for older kids.
    Kristin_Allen

Answer by Kristin_Allen at 9:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• LOL no forcing Mickey we are planning on doing other things that we know will keep him happy but Disney would more be for the girls 8&2. But I am a rollercoaster person so I would have no issues going on the other rides.
    Charis76

Comment by Charis76 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Not sure, depends on his attitude. My friends 13 year boy goes and loves it. They get the 3 day pass and do both parks. I went once a year during high school and then again with my family when I was in my 20's and my brother was in his late teens and my sister was like 8 and we all had a blast!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 9:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My oldest was 11.5 when we went 2 years ago. He had a blast.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011