Men, wtf is wrong with them??

So I decided to be done with my marriage some time ago...couple months. My husband was already in another state. Well this Friday was our first consulatation at domestics. He ignored me for months. Now he is blowing up my phone, being up my ass. Now that he realizes I am done. Becuase I told him I was done. He tells me he can't be a father to our children without their mother as his wife. I asked, So you can't be a dad if I don't want to be married? What??? He is emotionally manipulative. He has severe depression problems and told me once he had contemplated suicide at one point in time. Why does he feel the need to control me? He is acting like he is the first man to go through a divorce. I told him we were not happy and he deserves to find a woman who is compatable with him and he can be truely happy with. He said he is never getting married again. Just all this drama to make me feel guilty, I guess.
Anyone ever deal with this? How do you cope? I know time will help and I just have to ride it out. It's just draining and frustrating.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Since he "won't" be a father if he doesn't have you.. that should tell you that divorcing him is the best thing you can do.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You see it for what it is, manipulation. Don't let it drain you. It's his issue. Don't take on the weight of his issue.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Don't let him get to you. If you really want it to be done and over cut off all ties with him unless it has something do with the kids, and maybe even get it court ordered that way. Don't give him the time of day because that's all he will do is try and manipulate you like that.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The answer as to what is wrong with them? Easy, they contain the Y chromosome :) Seriously, some men are just immature and insecure. They take it out on those in their lives.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry you're still going through all this. No matter what don't let him make you feel guilty in anyway. You need to be happy and so does he. That's dumb that he told you he couldn't be a father unless you were married to him. Like you said just take it day by day and don't stress out over anything he tells you. He is not worth it. Hope things get better for YOU.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Its hard to deal with people like that my ex is like that he uses the kids or used the kids to get to me and I did not let him. I would go to counseling to help you with this and a aikido class to get out aggression and help you work out what he is doing its what helped me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• What is right with them?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Personally, I see this as a natural reaction for a man who has realized that he has lost his family. Give it time.
    Anonymous

• when you figure it out let me know please
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011