What all should i pack for the hospital when i have the baby?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't pack anything. They have it all at the hospital

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I packed jammies, outfit for baby, chap stick, books and magazines, something to listen to music on, cell phone charger, camera, video recorder, lap top if possible, list of phone numbers and who to call, pen and paper (never know when you might need to write something down), own toiletries, gowns (I used my own during delivery), extra pillow and blanket (theirs are never warm enough), house shoes, little makeup and a hair dryer (for newborn pics), and something to suck on. I really loved Starbursts and was very happy when I packed them. They helped keep my mouth nice and moist.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• One more thing - Also take a L&D plan. PLEASE take the time to write one up. My Aunt is an OB and the nurses will make honest mistakes, but really if you just take the 10 minutes to figure out exactly what you want and have them readily available (spares are nice) they WILL read them and help make sure that your L&D process is as smooth as possible.

Things to include : If you want guests in the room or if certain people are restricted, if you want baby in with you as soon as L&D is over, if you plan on breast feeding, etc. Just so many little things that nurses do not know the answer to.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Crap, sorry. Lol. It's a lot to take. One more thing - Vending machine change or change for the cafeteria. Seriously, L&D is not the time to be scrounging pockets and purses because you or DH get the munchies and need a snack! =)

Oh, and make sure and take extra film and a back up SD card for the camera/video recorder. Don't forget chargers for those! GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Razelda, you rock! :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• dont forget pads!
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Razelda thank you so much .. you helped me out A LOT!!!
    mommy2be0611

Comment by mommy2be0611 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I used the hospitals lol. They tend to get expensive, and you need SUPER thick ones for the first few days. But hey that's my 2 cents! =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No problem! =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i think it is important to take slippers or socks that you are willing to throw away. anything that hits a hospital floor should go in the garbage.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011