If ur kids sleep w/ you?

Do u put them to bed first? Or do u go to bed together? Sometimes i lay down w my son and other times i lay w him til he's asleep and then get up. Also do u have multiple children tht sleep w you? And What R Their Ages? My DS Is 1 & A Half. Jus curious.

Logan17000

Asked by Logan17000 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• they usually start in their own beds but My daughter usually wander sin halfway through the night, she's 8, but I don't mind. Hubby works nights so there is plenty of room. Sometimes my 10 year old and 8 year old start out watching tv and fall asleep there. It's just easier to let sleeping children lie. Too heavy to move to their own beds, and they will just keep coming back. All my kids have done the family bed thing, I have a 14 YO as well that probably quit at about 10. iIs not every night, but they are happy well adjusted normal kids. It started out at as a convenience thing.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We all go to bed together typically but if I need to I will set an alarm for me to wake back up, just in case, and I will continue with whatever tasks I need to do, my son doesn't wake to the alarm. My son is 15mos.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We rarely let our first child sleep in our bed, but relaxed the rules quite a bit with our second! She's 5 and during the week shares my king bed while daddy's in LA working! On the weekend when he's home she sleeps either in her own room or on the floor with us in our room! We know they won't always want to sleep with us, so are trying to enjoy while it lasts!
    dogdoc

Answer by dogdoc at 9:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We did co sleep, and started out day 2 co sleeping. It was always when we went to bed, plus I would sleep when he did. When he got around 2 years old we got him his own bed, he hated the crib. So it was in our room. When we went to bed he would lay next to me fall asleep and then I would move him, it was hard at first but you just get into a routine. Now he is 4 and still sleeps in our room but sleeps in his bed about 80% of the time. Usually on my husband work days my son will get up when light comes in and climb into bed and snuggle down with me, its cute cause he giggles and smiles when I wake up and open my arms for him like he just got the best gift that day.

I dont know when I will move him into his own room, it just seems to young to that far away from me.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We all go to bed together, and they are 9 and 3.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011