Should I make a complaint about our social worker?

Okay last month when we went to see her she asked for a letter from the college I am attending for proof of my enrollment. I got and we put in they're drop box 3 days later. 2 weeks go by and she calls and says she never got it. So I get another one and 2 days later my husband waits 45 mins in line to drop it off at the front desk and they give him a receipt saying we gave it to them. She calls me again and says all she got was a blank page with just a signature on it(She mailed me a copy of that and it looks like they scanned only the bottom half of the letter). I told her that we dropped the letter off 2 times now! She also says there are pages missing in her folder that I signed in front of her and I must of took them. I know for a fact I did not and the folder of paper work I have from them does not have any of that paper work. Now she keeps insisting it is our fault and she will file me as non complance for not giving her the letter. I am going to my school for the 3rd time tomorrow to get another letter but should I complain about her to her boss? Or file for a hearing? I did everything they wanted me to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would escalate this to her supervisor and ask for assistance in completing the required things that are missing, that the supervisor make sure of things. I would make sure you have everything in duplicate. so go in and resign anything she needs signed, but tell her nicely you need a copy of it all for your own records. and any paperwork you turn in like your college stuff, make sure you have two copies, one you turn in , the other you keep for your own records with a note of the day you turned it in and the reciept of having done so . these things happen, and not always because someone is malicious or careless. these workers are highly overworked. mistakes can happen. but you have a right to back yourself up and ask the supervisor for help.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would ask to speak to her supervisor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yeah i would talk to her boss and give him the letter so he knows u gave it to her
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• ughhh what a nightmare. i hate that! we had problems like that when my husband was laid off from work. as if we weren't humiliated enough having to go apply for food stamps-we had to keep going back over and over again for the littlest things-because we couldn't trust them to get the forms if we mailed them. and i swear, nothing got done because i was polite. if i had been ignorant and loud like half the trash in that office i probably would have gotten some results! sad, isn't it?

i'd definitely complain because she's not doing her job-of course, her supervisor could be just as bad. good luck!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Is there any way you could go to someone else? I don't like the way she is now labeling you non-compliant . . . she has the wrong idea about you. That doesn't make thing very comfortable at all.

Unless the social worker is a CPS social worker . .. then,. I would probably stick with her and jump through whatever hoops you need to jump through.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• report her if you have receipts for the paperwork file them with her superviser as well
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yes, i woudl talk so someone about it before she looses or doesn't got something else.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No she is not a Cps worker It is welfare to work. My husband got laid off and I am going to school. He is going in for knee surgery the end of next month. He tore his ACL and it is not healing at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I hate being on goverment aid ! I am so close to finishing school and if I drop out now I will not graduate and have to pay my student loan anyways! I am job training now. As soon as I am done we are off this damn program these social workers treat people like they are all lying lazy ass people and that is so wrong!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011