Question about depo

Question about depo
Do you ovulate while on Depo?? I know this may sound really stupid especailly since I'm currently ON depo. I used to be on depo for about 5yrs..stopped had a couple kids and am now on depo again. I'm due for my next inj. in about 3wks.
Today I've been having some cramping and I almost feel like I'm gonna start my period or something.I know you can have a period while on the shot it has just never happened to me before. I've had a couple people joke that it could be a sign of pregnancy but then someone else said that i could just be ovulating? I really don't think I'm pregnant. I've just never had this happen in all the years that I've been on the shot so I was just wondering...any one have any ideas????

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• i can't remember... i'm sure there are FAQs online somewhere. depo messed me up pretty bad... i was okay for a little while then gained 50 lbs in six months and became incredibly irritable, etc. i am since unable to take even the pill because it will put me into an emotional meltdown. i have had many endocrine related problems since then - i haven't been on the stuff for ten years and it still haunts me...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008