Home indcucing methods

has any of these worked for you, i have tired the ones listed bellow and nothing i am 40 weeks is there anything you have done that i have not please comment. i am up to try anything but that oil stuff
i have tired
sex
dancing
walking
pinaple
tea
nipple stim
bouncing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went walking, ate tons of pineapple, drank raspberry tea and spicy foods. I had already started labor, but it wasn't hard labor yet, but I wanted it to turn into hard labor. It did. don't know if it would have anyway or if what I did worked, but I went into labor.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You don't know for sure exactly when your baby is ready. You don't know that you are exactly 40 weeks either! Its a close estimate. Baby will come when he's good and ready. Castor oil and home methods are potentially dangerous.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• With my third, every time I tried anything at home, it seemed to make the contractions I was having stop. When I finally had to be induced, we found out that with each contraction, his heart rate dropped really low. They immediately stopped induction and I delivered on my own later that night and his heartbeat would still dip, but not as severly. Turns out he had a very tight knot in the cord and it was wrapped around his neck twice. Please be careful when trying to speed things along. We are lucky to have had a healthy baby boy, twelve days past his due date!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Stimulating your nipples are supposed to cause contractions....Personally, when I had my kids...they were all late, and didn't come a moment before they were ready... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my aunt told me that when she was pregnate with my cousin her doctor told her to put a warm washcloth on her nipples for a couple mins then stimulate them and repeat i am not sure if it works or not but she said it worked for her, i also read online somewhere that an increased intake of caffiene or sugar can help induce but lke i said i read it onlne so who knows if thats true or not. My nurse suggested sex or walking up a hill to me but bottom line whether we like it or not they come when they are ready even if it means making us wait and being completely miserable in the process but congrats and good luck!!
    Ladybug86

Answer by Ladybug86 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I did so much when it was towards the end of my pregnancy and it did little to help me. At my 40 week appt, I was barely 1cm dialated, long, thick and the baby was way high still. But, the very next night, my water broke and my baby was born the next morning. I say all this to say, enjoy the next day or week or how ever long you are pregnant. You can do all you want, but until your body and baby are ready, it won't do any good. It won't last forever and if your like me, you may find you actually miss it a couple weeks after the baby is here.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 12:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't do it if I were you unless I talked to my doc & like they said the baby will come when he's go & ready & I also think its dangerous.....but good luck!
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i was told the nipple stem works but you have to do it alot so when ur not doing anything try that. I was told rub around your nipple and make it like a baby is sucking on it
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You may not be exactly 40 weeks, the ultrasound measurments can be off. I would do walking, but the baby is going to come when ready. Good luck Momma!! Put your feet up and relax while you can!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Walking
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011