This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

How do you make your little light shine? What do you do to make others happy?

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 10:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just do kind things for others, whether it is buying the person behind me their coffee or babysitting for a friend when they can't find a sitter or stopping in traffic to let someone pull out or cross the street. Really I see it as common courtesy but it doesn't seem to be so common these days.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• SImply by beiing kind.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Kristi I know what you mean about the common courtesy thing. Being kind is a great way to light up someone's life. thanks ladies!
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am a giver.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I like to send note cards in the mail (no e-mails) to let a person know that I am thinking about them. Sometimes I will pay for someone's meal in a resturant. I hold doors open for people all the time....I do the things that Kristi mentioned too. Or pick up the phone and give someone a call that you haven't talked to in quite a while. Offer encouragement.
    Hey Kristi....I need a babysitter--wanna help me out? lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Oh, something I forgot to mention: tell people when they are doing a good job. It could be a waitress/waiter, your child's bus driver, your mail carrier....it only takes a second out of your day and really makes the other person feel appreciated. Blessings!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Hey Kristi....I need a babysitter--wanna help me out? lol

I would, but unfortunately I don't think you're local and I can only sit Thursday-Sunday. I have classes M-W. But if you ever move to my aarea and need someone to watch the kids so you can have a date night just give me a holler!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I do not have a little light... mine is a fireball! :-)
    We are FULL of His light not just a little one.. just sayin :-)

I make cards, I write words of encouragement in them and on my facebook and when I am at the cash register and they greet me I respond and ask them how they are.. you would be amazed in how surprised they are when you ask. They see that you actually care!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I used to be part of the choir. That was one of my big ways of lighting my candle, but now I try to teach my son to be a good person, and I try to remember to keep a sense of humor, joke about things in a friendly way, care about other people, try to avoid the "glossed over" eye look, and try to really listen. It's hard when i get exhausted, but on days when I pull it off, I will have a big smile on my face.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 8:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ladymomtraveler, we had 10 people n church Sunday and no one sang together. lol i can't help but laugh when we sing. if you watched Sister Act with Whoopi Goldberg, well not you with her, her in it, lol that is what we sound like. Maybe she'll come help us. It was so embarrassing at the candle light ceremony. Every church went up front to sing or do an act. You know how movies go were you do something and then another team comes in does it 100 x's better? That's what happened to use. A bigger church did the same song only so so much better. oh well, we put heart into it. lol
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2011