Insanity workout

I just order my Insanity workout. Has anyone tired it? My husband is deployed and he keeps talking bout the great results the girls over there got with it. I'm super excited and nervous to start it. I really want to tone up before he gets home.
In addition to it I have cut out pop on day 10 of no pop and no junk food...

jenlou9686

Asked by jenlou9686 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Insanity is a great workout and its pretty intense. My friend Matt is using it and on his first day of the program he actually threw up! He loves it though and he's seeing great results. Slim in 6 and 10-Minute Trainer are great workouts as well.

I'm an Independent Coach with Team Beachbody, so if you don't have a coach and you have questions, feel free to contact me!
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 11:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I WANT to try the Insanity workout!! I have done the hardest workout on P90X, the plyometrics one, and it didn't phase me at all. I hear the Insanity is a CHALLENGE! I have done all of Jillian Michael's workouts and Bob Harper's workouts and can do them without a problem. Sure, I get winded, but I'm not even sore afterwards and starting to feel like I need more. The nice thing is you can always increase the weights to create more of a workout. However, I think Insanity is the next workout for me. Please let us know how it is once you've done it! And good for you for being so motivated! However, if you aren't already working out, you may want to try something a little easier as I hear Insanity is super hard. Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Insanity is awesome! I did it last year and I still incorporate it into my workouts. I started it at 130 lbs and when I finished it I was 118 lbs and had lost another 2".
    It is HARD! I am in good shape and it kicks my tail- still. It is P90X on Steroids. Seriously... The JM workouts are super easy compared to a Shaun T. workout. Dh and I were talking about it one day and he said " JM gears her workouts towards overweight, unfit people....Shaun T.'s workout is geared toward athletes. Period...huge difference". He is so right! It is very gratifying to see the uber fit fitness professionals falling out in the DVDs.
    If you are out of shape at all- be careful. You do not use weights at all in Insanity- it is ALL YOU! It is a seriously hard core HIIT program and it delivers. He has a new one called Asylum coming out next month...can't wait to try it!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I did Insanity last spring. It was the hardest workout I've ever done (and I've also done P90X). The cardio is very intense.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Hubby did it and he did the test well but then threw up, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my friend does it and has lost a TON of weight!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I got it in the mail today.. I'm so excited to start it... For those that did it. Did you do the meal plan too?? I'm frutose intolarant so I can't have a lot of food but I still want to be able to get the most out of out... Thanks all...
    jenlou9686

Comment by jenlou9686 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Never did it.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I havent done it but Ive heard good things about it!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I've never heard of it before.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011