The kids haven't seen their dad in a while .... Should i let them visit him?

My kids -Corey and Megann haven't seen their dad in a while -He's famous I really dont want them around his hectic life .Knowing that some how he will be to busy for them . i really want whats best for my kids.

Corey says he wants to go live with his Dad for a while :( I'll miss him ....
Should I let him go knowing that he will be miles away ,Traveling all the time .

Cafe_mompc

Asked by Cafe_mompc at 10:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on the age of the child when it comes to going to live with him but every father should be involved in their children's lives.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yeah i know .... He visits and calls and buy them things but i dont want them miles away and traveling Corey my son is 11 Megann my daughter is 15
    Cafe_mompc

Comment by Cafe_mompc (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• IDK. I guess your child is of the age to want to be involved with his father, so i dont blame him. I would talk it over with his father, and then maybe suggest it start in small doses. Like maybe when school's out for a week or weekends or something. If he is famous, he has the money to do it. I guess it would just depend on how far you would be able to take it. I wish you lots of luck. I dont know if I could send my child away like that for a long period just because I am horrible at leaving either of my kids for more than a couple of hours outside of my classes or working lol
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It depends on what the kids want and if the dad will be responsible enough to spend time with them and watch them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• maybe you could tell the dad to take a week or so off of whatever he does, and let the kids stay with him. Or work it out so he gets them for a few months in the summer so you wont have to worry about school. its hard to let your kids go do stuff on thier own....but its part of growing up as much as it makes us moms sad....
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• The grass is always greener, so I'd let him go. He'll realize what he has at home and will return. I agree children need to spend time with their fathers, as long as their safety is not an issue.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011