Things that go bump in the night! Can you share a story of something that scared

the tar out of you and found out later it was something non scary? lol can't wait to hear your story

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 10:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• just the other night, it was snowing so hard you could hear it on the roof and I couldn't sleep all night. I thought it was hail ad a rain storm, woke up to a winter wonderland.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Last year we had been painting our house and we had left the ladders out one night, to use the next day (they were laying on the ground in the back, not leaning against the house) My husband was working that night and around 1 am I heard the sound of a ladder being moved the thud of it hitting a roof line and footsteps of someone climbing up. I was SOOO scared... I looked out the window but couldn't see anyone on the roof, I was calling my husband at the same time. Grabbed a baseball bat and ran to my kids room, looked out their window, told my DH what was happening. Less than a minute later he was home (he drives a cab and happened to be close by at that time ... He also cut through 2 parking lots and jumped a few curbs.) He checks the perimeter of the house and finds... NOTHING! He thought I might have been dreaming or something, but I wasn't. to be continued....
    Sagen

Answer by Sagen at 11:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• About a minute after he left I heard the ladder again. This time I also hear people talking, I look around a bit more and it was coming from the building next door as it turns out there seemed to be an electrician fixing their exterior spot light. I still have no idea why it was being done at 1 am but that was what I heard. The reason I thought it was my house is because the buildings and parking lots around my house make it difficult to tell where the sounds were coming from and since we left our ladders out I assumed the worst I guess. The bad news is my husband's cab has a GPS and dash cam, so he had to explain why he was speeding and driving the way he was but the good news is his boss completely understood and he didn't get in any trouble. Sorry I wrote a book!
    Sagen

Answer by Sagen at 12:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was under 10. We lived "upstairs" in my grandparent's house. My closet even had a slanting roof and everything. I could have climbed out my windows onto the roof.

One night I saw these glowing green eyes about 3/4 of the way up my shelves (no door). It was a BEAR in my closet. I got terrified. I tried to roll over and face the wall; thinking that if I ignored it it would go away. It didn't go away. I can't tell you how long this lasted now but I was about ready to pee myself I was so terrified. Then suddenly the "bear" attacked out of my closet and I screamed bloody murder. Nobody came to save me.

Now that I'm nearly 30 and have some perspective I believe those glowing green eyes belonged to my cat and I was more asleep than anything, but I STILL remember how terrified I was at the time.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• when my radio just turned on at 11 pm and it was crushed still no idea how it happened!! still scared
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 3:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My son did not sleep through the night until he was 6, but one night I thought he was finally sleeping. I was so exhuasted and finally fell asleep. Only to wake up scared to death a couple hours later to the feel of someone breathng on me. It was my son with his face almost touching mine. My heart about stopped, till I realized it was my son.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• One night, my DH and I were awakened to a loud bang coming from inside our room!!!

Turns out the one shelf fell inside our bedroom closet and everything fell off of it.

Scared the crap out of me!! My heart was beating so hard and the adreneline was running so fast that it was hard to get back to sleep.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• lol these stories are great. sorry i laughed at you guys. no i'm not. the cat one reminds me of when i was about 11 yrs old. we moved to a house that was well over 100 yrs old. all the neighbor kids said it was haunted by the old lady that had it built. i had my bedroom up stair all alone. it was a spooky old house and had lots of noises. i was scared up there but didnt tell anyone because i didnt want them to think ii was a sissy. one night i woke up and saw two glowing red eyes looking at me. they just kept looking and looking. i was froze in place. my heart in my throat, i couldn't even scream i was so scared. i swore it was the old lady ghost. I was absolutely ready to die of heart failure. i hid under the covers all night and didnt go to sleep. when morning came and lit up the room, the eyes where still there. i had lit an incense and it was in front of the mirror on my dresser so it reflected as if 2 eyes. i felt stupid
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• mlanderson, that happened to me two with my daughter. lol i also had a fearful night in that same house same room. i heard noises in the attic. our attics where on either side of my room not up in the ceiling. i heard God awful yawling (is that a word, lol) and scratching noises. i was scared half to death. i finally got a candle and opened the door and there was a big orange cat with a broken jaw bleeding all over and i screamed bloody murder and shut the door. i told my dad the nest day and he checked the roof and found a hole that the cat got in. it had climbed a tree , got on the roof and crawled in the hole. we never saw it again and i felt bad in the day time that i didnt help it. but when u r 11 or 12 in the middle of the night in a haunted house, that isnt the first thing you think of. lol funny how my parents didnt know when i was terrorized. lol
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We had a bat in our bedroom. Didn't know what the heck it was until we turned on the light. I got out of the room while husband tried to hit it. The door was closed. We didn't want it going into our son's room. He was only 2 or so at the time. We thought we killed it. Wrapped it in a towel or something and threw it in the back of his pick-up truck. The next morning it was gone. Must of just knocked it out. Only happened once and that was in around 1998-2000.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011