Please share your favorite muffin recipe.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Blueberry Health Nut Muffins

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup oat bran
    1/4 cup quick cooking oats
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup blueberries (if using frozen, toss gently in whole wheat flour to coat)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin cups.
    In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, oat bran, quick-cooking oats, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries and walnuts. In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until blended. Spoon into muffin cups, filli

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It's not my personal recipes, but it's my favorite:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/To-Die-For-Blueberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx
    Anonymous

• Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
    I routinely change out the fruit and nuts. You can use whatever fresh fruit you have on hand. I also use dried diced apricots, cherries or craisins a lot. Any frozen fruit works too; berries, peaches etc. Carrot and raisin is yummy, as is pumpkin and chocolate chip. I have also stirred in peanut butter and added more banana and/or used chopped peanuts. I normally use pecans, but any nut works. The combinations are endless, but you kind of have to work with the consistency when using dried or frozen fruit as the dried needs a little more liquid and the frozen fruit less. I also usually add a couple of tablespoons of milled flax and just sour regular milk with vinegar or lemon juice instead of using buttermilk. Sometimes I make them into mini muffins or make them into a loaf of bread, I just try to mix it

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I just try to mix it up as my family tires of the same thing easily.
    I hope you and your family enjoy this. Let me know if you come up with any good combinations or if you have a way of making this a little healthier or better.

• I don't have a personal recipe but I love banana nut muffins and if you google it , they give great recipes
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011