Fed Up!

I am the first lady of my church. The congregation is small but mainly women, so my job is cut out for me. My mother in law is also involved, but lately she has started to sow disccord and lies. She lives with me and I am ready to kick her out! I have been kind, I fix her meals, medicine, the works but she is still making trouble. One of memebers did not show up today because of the lies she has told. Any suggestions? Don't want to react too soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• WWJD?
    Anonymous

• I know but I've gotten sick of her! maybe I should some more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That's ridiculous. She needs to live on her own. Or to go to another congregation because that's not appropriate, and it's not Christlike!
    Anonymous

• PRAY! and have a serious sit down because this is NOT how a woman of God should be acting, lies and making members not want to come to church is not how Jesus wants us to be.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i meant to say pray some more. anon you think so? She injects poison in them everytime she gets the chance. No matter what I do she finds a reason to give me a hard time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I know I should not post anon, but I do not want anybody reading my post. OP
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry. I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to offer hugs and prayers.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• thanks asmcbride! anon number 1, WWJD Doesn't the bible say to dis fellowship a brother that continuously sows discord?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• In order to get things solved, you need to go to the source. If it were me, I would give her an ultimatum and call her out. As for the women in "the church", it is only your job to set the example. You are not responsible to carry them or control them, just to carry the message and be a good role model. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I want to give you a challenge...
    When she lies, speak in return blessings. Pray blessings over her and love her as Christ would. I also strongly encourage you not to speak evil of your mother. It is dishonoring her regardless of how wrong you think she is being. I also encourage you to find out why she is doing this. There is a trigger some where and that trigger needs to be dealt with graciously and lovingly.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011