WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO STUGGLE

sweetness313

Asked by sweetness313 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• BECAUSE MEN THESE DAYS DONT WANT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR KIDS
    sweetness313

Answer by sweetness313 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• why did you answer your own question? just curious.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Because no one promised us an easy life. They just promised it would be worth it. It's ALL part of being an adult and a parent. sorry.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Because many expect a "good life" to be handed to them. We have raised several generations of "I deserve" grown children instead of "I will work hard so I can have" adults.

Life is not easy or fair but our choices can make things easier or harder for ourselves.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It took me 30 yrs to get child support from my kids' dead beat dad. I struggled rearing them alone. He thought when they turned 18 he'd get off scot free but I never dropped the case. He didn't bank on that. My son is 35, my daughters are 32 and 30 and I'm just now getting it. I learned a lot in my struggle to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. I had to depend on my kids to help me with bills when they were old enough to work. I felt bad about that but looking back it kept them busy and taught them a lot. They are all three hard working loving parents in stable relationships. I can't be upset or feel guilty about that. I'm very proud of them. Good can come of your situation as well. One day you will see the silver lining. Just hang in there. Hugs

Answer by admckenzie at 3:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Times are tough and they seem to be getting tougher. Thanks for the question and why is also the anwser. Hang in there friend this too shall pass. At the end of the day if you have done your best then it's all you can do. Use this site except all the support, that's what we are all in for!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008