Am i missing something?

I was with my ex for 6 months. We broke up because I felt that I wasn't getting what I needed from him but I was giving him what he needed. He was very quiet, not very outgoing, and rarely revealed anything personal about himself. He never told me I was beautiful, never said that he could live without me, and just generally didn't make me feel special. I got no chrfistmas or valentines gift. He didn't seem to want to know much about my family. He was, however, very well mannered, very patient, never had a problem paying when taking me and my daughter out. Honestly he's a good man and I could deal with the quietness if he could have just made me feel a little more special. I told him how I felt and he kept saying he try to work on it but I just never saw any change. So I guess my question is... am I being immature about this? Am I wrong? Did I pass up something great? What do you ladies think?

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 10:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• it was not something great if you felt this way, spoke to him and he did not response in action
    he maybe an ok guy, but still not for you
    do not settle, and do not talk yourself into settling

a heart half filled, is a heart half empty....you can not live like that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• nope, you still need to feel appreciated and loved.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Hmmm. he needs to tell you at times that you are so very special to him & he loves you a lot.... These things do matter.........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Regardless of whether or not he's a great guy...if you're not happy and you're not feeling it...it just isn't right. This one's not for you.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There's a possibility you could've passed up something great. On one hand he may not have been feeling it, but then again he may just be like my husband. See, I hated our relationship in the beginning. I liked him so much but he made it impossible to know where I stood especially coming from realtionships where men threw around compliments and gifts so easily. I seriously considered breaking it off a few times but in sticking it out I learned to tell how much he loved me by the way he looked at me, and how attracted he was by the way he touched me, and he may not have asked many questions but his interest was apparent anytime conversation did come up. When I looked deeper I saw how much he really cared, and somehow words just didn't matter anymore. His actions seemed to make up for what he wasn't saying.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011