Do you read to your kids everyday?

It was a hard habit to get into but we do read to our kids every night now. I am happy we have because now it settles the kids down for bed time.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 10:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• At least 30 minutes a day.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Now my son has grown up. Otherwise his day used to start with reading a story book....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree it is difficult at first to do every day but we do it.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 10:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yep almost every day. I already have sooo many of these books memorized that I don't even have to read it anymore lol.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I try. Sometimes they want to sit and listen and interact with the book, and other times they could care less!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I did until he was about 8 yrs old. Atleast 20-30 min a day. Reading is one of the most important things in a child's life.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I read my son a bedtime story every night. =]
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Almost every night. Some nights my girls will fall asleep on the couch and we have to carry them upstairs to bed so we dont get to read on those nights. My oldest is in pre k and they send books home for us to read to her for "homework"
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yep, multiple times a day. My son is 17 months, so it may only be for 10 minutes at a time, but he's constantly bringing me a book and handing it to me, wanting me to read to him. I am so glad that he finally enjoys it and gets the concept of books. I've always loved reading and it's something I really want to instill in him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes. We read to our daughter, now 2 years and 3 months at least three a day 3-4 books during each sitting. We've been doing this since she was born. It's fun! She loves book, and really enjoys trips to the library and the bookstore to pick our new ones.
    Mommy2Beatrix

Answer by Mommy2Beatrix at 10:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011