Has anyone tried Lice MD for Lice problems??

I have a 6 year old and have been battling her head lice problem for almost 3 months now. Just when we think its gone..BAM! Its back. We just started using Lice MD because I'm fed up with RID...(it just doesn't work) The first application we did worked great and we thought we eliminated them but then today I found some in her hair. It took mine away but not heres so we did another treatment today. Anyone use it? Any other suggetions??

CandiceKat

Asked by CandiceKat at 11:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Put mayo on her hair (yes mayo) and a ziploc bag on top of that, and make her sleep overnight on it...the next morning wash it out with dish soap (I think dawn)..we battled this problem when my sister and I were in school and once my mom did this, we never got it again.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It sounds like you have treatment resistant lice...rare, but not unheard of. First off, you will probably hate me for saying this, but it's easiest to get rid of them if you have SHORT hair, like a chin length bob.

Secondly...get NIX...it's a conditioner. Easier to work with than the shampoo. Thirdly, your treatment doesn't stop with the shampoo and the ritual cleaning and all the badness. You should use a lice comb every day for fourteen days. You can use an oil based (or mayo) type treatment during the day after, but oil doesn't kill lice. It slows them down.

If you find anything alive after you get a nice bob and do the creme treatment, call the pediatrician ASAP- they will write you a script.

Also, be sure your checking daddy, too. My ex's family had an issue, and they kept blaming the daughter, but it turns out it was Daddy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• about 15 years ago i got lice after a camping trip i think it was? anyways every time i thought it was gone, bam it was back. turned out i had never thought of spraying lice killer in my car on the seats and head rests. just a thought, is it possible there is somewhere in your home, car, her room etc that is being overlooked?
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Somehow, we managed to avoid lice (probably the only family on the block. Here are some remedies that I have held on to in case I need them. For prevention, mix 50% olive oil, 25% tea tree oil and 25% rosemary essential oil (you can get this at a health food store or Whole Foods); massage on scalp and leave on for 15-20 minutes. To cure, you can use mayonaise or coconut oil; put on the hair, wait about 30 minutes, and comb out with a flea comb from a pet shop; follow with the prevention spray. You will need to wash bedding, clothes, pillows, etc.
    Trader Joes has a great shampoo and conditioner with tea tree oil and peppermint; these wouldn't hurt, and are great for adolescent, greasy, flakey, scalps.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011