Is a fetal pole good?

I am 28 pg with my fourth child. I have not had a period since My son was born a year ago and was on birth control. I had a pos pg test on nov 12. The dr told me it was more then likely an ectopic pg or a soon to be m/c due to the circumstances behind the pg.. I had a u/s today and The u/s tech averaged my pg at 5- 6 weeks and saw the gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole. Is this a good sign the pg will progress normal?

Bobbisbabies

Asked by Bobbisbabies at 2:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes. A fetal pole is an area on the yolk sac that is thickening - the developing fetus. Congrats!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i dont see why it wouldnt be a good pregnancy just cuz u never got a period. my mom didnt have a period for 2 years and then got pregnant with my brother. it sounds like it is progressing right. if it was ectopic u would know by now
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008