Any good advise for me my mom moved in and my husband is feeling disrespected and i can do no wrong in my moms eyes how do i fix this so i'm not stuck in the middle

titimom

Asked by titimom at 11:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm...tell her to stay out of issues that are between you and your husband...that you're both adults and can handle things without her help.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Standing up for your husband while standing up to your mom would probably be a good start. Your husband shouldn't have to feel like that way in his own home. If your mom doesn't respect that, then maybe it's best she not stay with you.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You should stand up for your husband on some issues. You're married. Your mother knows this and probably is trying to get in the middle of the both of you. Why is your mother there? Also, have a talk with her and tell that you want her to treat your husband as she treats you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• thank you for your advise my mom and i have always had a great relationship. she as had a rough couple of years emotionally. She has never been this on edge and snippy,she is usually very sweet and fun loving. so i will have a chat and see what i can do to help here get settled into our home, she is a very independent person so the two people that love me the most are under one roof :) so hence the time struggles to spend time with each of them not to mention run our own business, raise two boys, and my husbands father, I thought it would be a big help to have another woman in the house to help me manage all of the above and i love it . But my hubby thinks she is trying to take over and get between us and the kids,I feel she is doing a great job with the kids helping with homework , dinners and just having someone home when they get home from school. I'm needed at work more now due to the economy. any way thanks again
    titimom

Comment by titimom (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• tell her to stay out of your business, just because she moved it doesn't mean she can be in the middle of you two
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011