Do you let your pets sleep with you?

I just read something that if you let your pets sleep with you, you're not getting a restful sleep. What do you think?

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pets

• most of the time i feel safe if i let my dog sleep with me, it gives not only you a feeling of something protecting you, but shows them love. and a feeling of being wanted
    angel.nicole

Answer by angel.nicole at 12:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't mind it when they do. At times I even sleep better when they are near.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If my cats are in bed with me it's usually at my feet or on my husband's side of the bed (he works nights). Right now it's a problem though because we've got a flea infestation we're trying to get rid of.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes. Most nights we have 2 cats rarely all 3.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My dogs used to sleep on the floor in our bedroom, but since I've been pregnant, I kicked them out. I sleep poorly enough without waking up from hearing them scratch or move around the room.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We have 5 cats and 4 of them regularly sleep in our bed. We have to leave the bedroom door open or they cry, scratch , and try to bust down the door all night. Pretty much making it impossible to sleep. Surprisingly everyone sleeps comfortably most of the time. I don't sleep well without at least one of them next to me at night. I am too used to them being around. I especially love them on nights like tonight when my hubby isn't home they fill up his side of the bed and I don't feel so alone :)
    LeeLeeMarie

Answer by LeeLeeMarie at 1:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• When our cat Baby Kitty was alive she would sleep with us, usually right up next to my pillow. (she liked to snuggle). Now that we have our doofus cats Sassy and Hershey we don't let them sleep with us. Hershey does not like to 'share' the bed with us, he prefers to sleep on it during the day when he can have the bed to himself and he sleeps downstairs at night. Sassy does not settle down at night, she is constantly moving around on the bed or trying to pester- she would much rather play than snuggle up and sleep. So hubby has banned her from the bedroom at night. Sometimes in the morning when he gets up for work (or on weekends) he will let her in the bedroom with me, and by that time after she wakes me up and 'greets' me she is ready to snuggle up and settle down. (although most of the time she has to pick a spot in the way, or 'hog' the bed).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We often leave our bedroom door open to allow our cats to sleep with us at night. Usually it is just one at a time who is snuggled down with us. And that isnt an issue. its when all three are on the bed, that definitely interferes with a good nights sleep.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, we leave our door open at night and the cat will jump up on the bed for a little while. My hubby works late so I don't mind if she curls up next to me or not, if she's not being annoying that is.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• 2 dogs sleep in bed with us. I sleep just fine.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011