Know whats really messed up! Some creditors are so Fradulent!

We went to the courthouse because of a credit card I owed on. Wound up meeting with the attorneys that worked for the credit card place they came up with a WRITTEN agreement between me and the credit card company for a small monthly payment It was all I could afford because I have so many other bills the attorney signed this contract and gave us a copy. After we left he then must not have presented it  to the judge because I received a letter in the mail from the judge granting them the funds they requested without a monthly payment amount and a very high interest rate that was not the one we had agreed upon in the contract. So now I have to get a hold of the judge and show him this contract that I made and the attorney signed. I'm so mad because this is so deceiving and fraudulent, very misleading plus not to mention causing more stress on me while I'm pregnant this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• arghhh I feel your pain. i dont know if its different in different places when a credit card company sues . we just went through this for an old debt and the judgement against us did not include any other information other than the debt amount we owed etc. it is up to us now to work out the particulars with the credit card company to eventually pay it all off. but the judge didnt even ask for anything like that. he just asked if we did owe the debt and declared the judgement.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeah its messed up. We meet with them in court and the attorney wrote out an agreement I'm going to set up a tiime to talk to this judge because what they did was very fradulent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Wow this doesnt surprise me at all, the rich just want to see what they can take from the poor or less fortunate and see if they can get away with it. Glad you got a copy of it though.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Im sorry to hear this, this is why I always have a lawyer look at my dealings. I dont think you
    should have signed anything without a lawyer.

If I were you I would get some representation, you should have had a lawyer.

The new health insurance is legal insurance contact me to enroll for future help with debts and other daily legal events(traffic tickets, colllection agencies etc...). Its not expensive and will save you from the stress.

Emma
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:06 AM on Feb. 28, 2011