Should I just go to the hospital? adult content

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. For about the past twenty-four hours I've been cramping (I'm know its not labor cause my stomach is still "squishy", not hard). I haven't been able to keep any food down and as long as I take small sips of water I can keep the water down. I've been taking Tylenol all day and it hasn't help my cramping. Alka-Seltzer and Pepto haven't helped my stomach. I don't have a fever but I'm all stuffy. I'm not sure if it's related but my urine is very, very dark.

I've called my OB's after hours line several times today and they keep telling take more Tylenol , get off my feet and drink lots of water. It's not helping.

Should I ignore their advise and just go up to the hospital?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 1:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you're stressing about it, and I ould be too. I say better safe than sorry, go to the hospital. If everything's ok, then it'll put your mind at ease so you actually can go home and rest like they said. If something is wrong then the sooner they catch it the better. The cramps could just be stretching pains and like someone else said the dark urine is dehydration so drink more water. Good luck!!
    redsoxmom09

Answer by redsoxmom09 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would listen to what the line say. If you are stuffy then you might just have bug. Or drainage could cause stomach issues and cramping. Dark urine sounds like dehydration. Rest and drink lots of water.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If it is not helping, go the hospital, better safe than sorry. Have them check you out.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If nothing is helping you, I would go to the hospital and get checked out. Maybe they can help get you some relief.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes u should go to the hospital.

Quetta08

Answer by Quetta08 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If the pain is in the upper right side of your abdomen it could be your pancreas... I had the same thing throwing up, dark urine, pain that felt like horrible cramping/ indigestion and nothing relieved the pain (fyi you shouldn't take pepto while pregnant)! My doctor said if I experience it again, to let her know right away so after baby comes out they could do an ultrasound. She said they couldn't really do anything while I was pregnant and that if it is my pancreas that the pain could get worse and worse! Luckily I've only experience it for one day! I hope everything is ok... and good luck!
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 6:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You could have the cramping from being dehydrated, I would listen to your doc and drink more water. If you can't keep water down, then I would go in because you won't be able to help with your dehydration.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You are dehydrated. This can cause the cramping. But at this point you should probably go to the hospital. Make sure everything is OK and get some IV fluids.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would do what I felt was right!!! When in doubt hospital it out!!! What the worst thing that will happen if you go to the hospital??? You wait a while but then get examined properly and know exactly whats goin on.. I always want that piece of mind that everything is okay!!
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I went to the hospital, i was dehydrated. They had me on some fluids for a while (through IV) and made sure i could keep food down before i went home. Thanks for the advice!
    SolaraDarkset

Comment by SolaraDarkset (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011