My OB said WHAT?

http://myobsaidwhat.com/2011/02/26/did-you-know-the-world-is-predicted-to-end-in-2012/

“… And you shouldn’t be afraid of home birth. It’s natural and
normal. (*pause*)  Did you know the world is predicted to end in 2012?” – OB on the topic of midwives and home birth.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine told me that I had pre-eclampsia because my BP was high one day right after my dad died, when it was over 90 degrees outside, and I had just climbed a bunch of stairs. I even did that 24 hour urine collection thing, which came back fine.

Oh and there was also the time that I came in after applying for Medicaid and she told me that she wouldn't see me again until I applied (I had already applied, and turned in my card number, I just hadn't gotten my card yet). She basically said that I was being neglectful and irresponsible and trying to kill myself and my baby by not having Medicaid sooner (I had just found out I was pregnant).

She's one of the many reasons why I'll never have another baby in a hospital unless it's an emergency... We hated her (but we live in a small town and she was my only option at the time).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My OB is awesome so far, thank goodness! = )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• is there anything your OB said that made you say WTF?
    dragonqueen

Comment by dragonqueen (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• That website gets me crazy! lol

When I inquired about waterbirthing, my OB said that midwives wear their street shoes into birth tubs.
    I also asked her about my options for labor and she said said that we'd discuss this later~ when they induce me.
    * That was at my FIRST prenatal appt (w/first baby) when I was told I was healthy and fine.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I had an amazing midwife!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011