How do I get my hair to grow?

I have shoulder lenghth hair, and I would love to make it grow to my waist. I take a multi vitiaman everyday, but what else can I do to help make it grow faster? I have dyed it in the past, New Year's Eve was the last time, and I dyed it a brown, but it turned it red, but still want it to grow, any suggestions?

djh0505

Asked by djh0505 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• liz4lifem while i agree with the protein and dietary supplements i have to disagree a little with the split ends. while you are right, trimming won't make it grow faster, it DOES keep it healthier. split ends can lead to breakage and thus are a haircut in their own way. keeping them trimmed helps prevent them from going UP the hair shaft causing it to break off closer and closer to the root the more it's ignored. so no, it doesn;t make hair grow faster, but it helps stop it from getting shorter with breakage.

OP hair will only grow so fast. a good diet with lots of protein helps, so does taking biotin supplements. . also scalp stimulation can help too, so nice scalp massages with monthly conditioning treatments will keep hair healthier and the hair growing to its maximum potential with all these tips.

please note pre natals make hair grow to its natural potential better because of all the vitamins.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• eat protein and take dietary supplements! also, there's no need to get haircuts, cutting split ends doesnt make your hair grow faster, that's a MYTH-hair grows from your ROOTS. all you need is a good conditioner and good after-shower product to make the split ends go away. my hair grew super fast when i started eating healthy :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• healthy you = healthy hair and healthy hair tends to grow to its max potential.
    xxhazeldovexx

• a stylist can also do a color correction to even out the tones in your hair and conditioning treatments to restore nutrients vto hair from the coloring services
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Vitamins are alsoin fruits/veggies. Drink lots of water.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• biotin does wonder for the hair.
    mdmora

Answer by mdmora at 1:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What is Biotin, is a vitiaman that I can take, or is a herbal kind of thing? Thanks for your help
    djh0505

Comment by djh0505 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011