My two year old seems perverted, or is it just curiosity?

I have a son who is two, he is really a late talker (only has about 15 words that he says)  but he understand everything and is quite smart. I have 4 other children and I've never really had a child have these type of tendencies before. First off whenever any of the girls in the house are nude (Like if he were to walk in on someone changing) He feels the need to attach himself to their legs, or slap their butts, or just continue to follow them around touching legs until someone is able to put their clothing on. Secondly he bangs on the door whenever i am in the rest room and after I let him in for fear he is going to break the lock (It's a little lock that attaches to the door, I have an old house and no rooms have doors with locks on them) and after I tell him to go, I need to finish up he would try and spread my knees open and take a peak at my private area. Thirdly he constantly pulls at my chest, trying to get my breasts to come out of my shirt and he tries to put his head right in the middle of my cleavage. I have to constantly tell him No, and to push his hands away. I've tried time outs and taking things away. He is still so persistent on this. I don't know what to do. Is it possible that he was born this way, that it will never go away? Like he is going to grow up being oversexed or taking advantage of women? Or does it seem like he is just curious? I have never had another one of my boys or girls do this. I'm at a loss as what to do, or what it could be. Anyone have any idea's on how to handle the situations, or if I'm making too much into this. Is he just being a two year old? I'm at a loss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would consider where did he learn these things? like slapping someone's behind. has he seen your husband/boyfriend do this to you? is he mirroring the behaviour he has learned is normal? as for the potty thing, that seems like natural curiosity to me. he isnt looking at your privates at 2 years old, he is wondering where your pee and poo come from and what not. maybe looking at the difference between your potty areas of your body and his. the breast stuff, was he breast fed? because that would be a natural thing really for him to be doing if he had been.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 2:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No one slaps anyone else butt in the house. I have no idea why he is starting that. Its been going on for a bit. And with the bathroom stuff he has always seemed to do it. Even when he was one. He would try and look as I wiped. My husband used to make a joke as it's like when you drive by a house/apartment that you used to live in, you always turn your head and point it out like "Hey I lived there" But now since he is making more of an effort to see I just feel weirded out a little bit. Yes he was breast fed. Until he was a 15months But he just started doing the whole pulling at them stuff now. He never did it when he breastfed or even after he was weaned.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• he is 2 , so most children at this age start sowing some oats per say, doing behaviours to see what all they can get away with? maybe now is the time to start asserting privacy and that what he is doing is a no no if the person says no,that he has to stop doing these things. all i know is with my son, it took never ending asserting no no no no and redirection at this stage. i wish you the best. and i would say if it continues and you are really worried about it, maybe you should talk to his pediatrician about getting some help in tactics to teach him to stop behaviours that make other people uncomfortable?
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 3:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I dont have a son but I dont think what he is doing is abnormal at all. I am sure your pediatrician will tell you the same thing.He is just curious and he will probably have the same curiousity with other things as time goes on. He is probably facinated every time he is seeing something that normally is not see (because it is covered with clothes)

Maybe someday he will grow to be a famous doctor or OBGYN and you will be laughing about ever worrying about it.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011