What are some good carseats to buy? for a 3 year old and a 16 month old?

hey ladies, my oldest just turned 3 years old, and im tryna find a new car seat, for her , and also my youngest, is 16 months old, ima need to replace her old car seat, just dont know if i should get her. any tips, or advice, thanks.

JasminesMum08

Asked by JasminesMum08 at 3:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would think that a high back booster for both of them would work.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 7:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• A high back booster would NOT work for either of them, children should be 4 years and 40 pounds before being put into a booster seat. I would definitely recommend a Graco Nautilus for your older child, it harnesses until 65 lbs and can be used as a high back booster and then a regular booster until 100 lbs. My daughter has been in one for two years now and we really like it. It also has a cup holder, which may seem like a little thing, but really it has been wonderful for her to have a place to put her cup. For the little one, I would suggest a Graco My Ride if you're wanting to remain rear facing longer (it's safer) and if you're not, then a Nautilus would be great for that child as well. Happy shopping! = )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have the MyRide for both my boys. They are both still RFing, and they are 4 and 2. Both LOVE it. I turned my 4 year old around recently, and he got mad, saying he liked it better rear facing, and it was safer! ha! Guess I've taught him well :) We have the Nautilus for my younger DD, and it is super-comfy and she loves that one as well. PLEASE don't put your kids in a high back booster- it's not safe. My younger DD is 6 and still not ready for a booster- she wiggles and moves around too much.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What are you looking for? What is your budget? I would have both of those children rear facing (depending on their size) so I would recommend Complete Air 65, or Graco My Ride 65. Both of those seats RF AND FF. If that's NOT what you're looking for, let me know and I can try to recommend something else.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• To add, a high back booster that also has a 5 point harness MIGHT be suitable for the older child, depending on the size of the child.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• thanks for yall advice appricate it,
    JasminesMum08

Comment by JasminesMum08 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• JasminesMum, What are the heights and weights on your children, and are they RF or FF, and if they're RF, how long do you wish to keep them RF?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011