Has anyone had a mother intuition and the unltrasound been wrong?

Hi there,

I have been thinking since i became pregnant that i am having a boy. I already have a little girl which i had a slight feeling she was a boy but obviously turned out a girl who i couldnt live without lol, but as strange as it may sound with this pregnancy i have a really strong feeling am carrying a boy (as did everyone else before my ultrasound) and to my surprise the sonographer said she "thinks" its a girl. i would of accepted this except she did not get a between the leg view, the sonographers exact words were "that looks like a girly bum i'd guess a girl".

i have done a gender predictor test (the chromosome one) which come back boy and the wedding ring test which also came back boy. i know some people may thinks its because i want a boy i cant get my head round it but i wanted a boy with my daughter too and was convinced that she was a girl after the ultrasound.

anyway haha has anyone been right on mothers intuition and the ultrasound been wrong?

leahsmum89

Asked by leahsmum89 at 3:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, of coarse! I don't know if that's the case here but I saw a show where the mother was in labor complaining that she thought for sure that she was having a boy, she felt it, but that the ultrasound tech said it was a girl. Well, guess what doc, it came out a boy. Ultrasounds are not always accurate. Now for me they were, three times, all boys, but they were very obvious. And I absolutely new for my first that I was definitely having a boy and the tech even tried to get me to doubt, which I wouldn't, until he saw that it was in fact a boy. Sometimes you just know.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank you buttercup I don't feel so silly now as some think I am lol
    leahsmum89

Comment by leahsmum89 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think mother's intuition is a powerful thing.. Just don't buy pink or blue just yet!!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My intuition is way off. Always the opposite of what I'm having. Every gender quiz, ring test, old wives tale has said this baby will be a girl. And my intuition, which is ALWAYS wrong, has said boy. So, imagine my surprise when the US tech said the baby is a boy! My DH has been correct every baby (this is our 4th) until this one. And I'm suddenly right. And every other old wives tale and gender quiz is wrong. I plan to have the gender confirmed in a couple weeks. But until then, I'm waiting to see if the US is right.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I knew from the moment I got pregnant I was having a boy. No idea how. Ultrasound also says boy. Sometimes, we just know.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I just knew when I was pregnant that I was having a girl....nope, I'm having a boy...lol. Mothers intuition is just luck if you guess it right.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I just knew.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011