When did you first give your kids sugary foods?

How old and what was the item?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• My Son's 1st Birthday Cake. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• His first birthday cake. But we are very careful about how much sugary foods he gets. he reacts badly to some types of foods. IE birthday cupcakes at school with the mountain of frosting on top. he isnt allowed to have that at school, they send it home and we let him have a bit at a time. if he eats the whole thing at once he gets out of sorts, violent even .
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 5:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I plan on giving my daughter a cupcake for her 1st birthday
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• So no birthday cake?
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My son is 2.5 and I NEVER do, EVER!!!!! He does not need them and he actually does not seem to have much interest in them either but that's prob. because I have never given him any. His grandmother has given him cookies and pieces of cake and such and he never eats them, just holds them and eventually drops them somewhere. She says all the time "wow, he is the first kid I have ever come across who does not go crazy for sweets and candy". She sits for her 3 year old great grand-daughter a lot and actually gives her full size candy bars as a bedtime snack. That is disgusting to me, a toddler surely does not need any type of candy or sweets. Dentist has already told me that he has the most beautiful set of baby teeth he has ever seen! Well, this is just one reason I have never let the woman sit for my son and never will. Noone can be trusted with our babies nowadays!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• at least not with MINE!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011