money? or diaper genie?

my sis in law is coming to stay at my place for 2 months :( with her 4 month old son. this is the first time i will see her boy. its a custom in our family to give the newborn some money the first time you see him/her. now should i give her money or should i buy her a diaper genie (i have a selfish reason for that: i dont want my home smelling like diapers) orrr should i forget about the gift altogether... after all i will have to cook and clean for her for 2 months ...???? What do u say!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• diaper pales works just as well. or garbage bags then taking them stright out.
    Anonymous

• just use scented garbage bags. I have a diaper genie and never use it

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If it's a CUSTOM in your family to give money...............then give her money! Treat her like you would your sister! Ask to bring her own diaper genie if she has one at home. Think about how you would like to be treated if the situation were reversed. I personally had a diaper genie and I still would put the diapers in a plastic grocery bag and tie the top so that it was air tight and put them in the trash can or put a trash can by the door and put them outside. Diaper genie's help but they are not gonna be perfect!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Also ...........................make her help with the cooking and cleaning while she is there.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• From my experience with two of the blasted things, diaper genies are a major pain in the *&#@!
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Diaper Genies suck! Just take it out to the trash can!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Have to agree, I keep my genie in my bedroom, only put pee pee diapers in it when she has middle of the night changings or we are just upstairs at the moment.

That awesome little diaper duck that dispenses scented bags is awesome, we use that to put her stinkers in before it goes in the trash- OUTSIDE.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i know that im not gonna be running outside in the snow to throw diapers away outside, so i got a diaper genie, they are only 25 dollars. if it was expensive, i would say yeah living with u is the gift, but u could buy one if u want
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If it is tradition to give them money I would do that, then offer to take them shopping and show her a diaper genie, and tell her "You know, I have heard these work really well" I love my daper genie!!
    3paynes

Answer by 3paynes at 5:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• buy her a gift
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008