What comes to mind when you read this quote?

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever"

My sister gave me the idea of using it for my new Avon business cards, not sure to use it or not?

Avon_Girlie

Asked by Avon_Girlie at 4:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I am not sure I would apply that to Avon. sorry. I think its a lovely expression put in the context of say beauty in nature, beauty of the spirit or soul, but since Avon deals with fleeting beauty........
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 5:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think of flowers, personal items that I like, children, etc. I see where you might use it for Avon, but there are probably better sayings out there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ridiculous and stupid! To me......it seems as if it was cut off (and to be fair there is no period), but I would end it with something like ".......to the vein and superficial." But this is just me!! I see beauty in so many things all day long and in the simplest and stupidest places, but they do not bring me joy forever.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have to agree with the other posters. It seems silly and shallow to me. I would find a more appropriate quote that perhaps says something about inner and outer beauty.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i think the quote means the beauty in life and around us.. things like your babies first smile and such, not really superficial beauty, which would be a mock to the quote itself.

better quotes would be:
    “It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.”
    “Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”
    “Pretty is something you're born with. But beautiful, that's an equal opportunity adjective.”
    “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical. Make up is how we express our inner feelings so they are more obvious”
    "Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror."
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thanks ladies for your opinions, esp. hazeldove for other examples.
    Avon_Girlie

Comment by Avon_Girlie (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011