Which Birth Control Option Do You Suggest?

I went to the doctor yesterday to get my Depro shot (once every 3 months birth control). For my next visit, I need to make a decision regarding long-term contraception. My choices:

-Get sterilized (that sounds so crazy?!)

-Get an IUD

-Continue with Depro (although after 2 years, it can cause a lack of bone density).

For those of you who are finished having babies, what have you decided on and how is it working out for you?

(Note: I'm 35. I have 2 kids. Neither my husband nor myself desire any more biological kids.)

Thanks!

kdc521

Asked by kdc521 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• well i was thinking of getting my tubes tied, but its not the operation im undecided about, its if we decided to not have kids for sure! so instead i got this birth control called mirena, here is the link: http://www.mirena-us.com/index.jsp
    you leave it in for 5 years and switch it every 5 years instead of going in every couple of months. if you decide to have a baby again, take it out whenever you want. its a plastic t-shaped that goes in you. i love it myself!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have an IUD and I have no problems with it. So I'd recommend that . What I would really recommend is taking your DH for a vasectomy. It's way way way less invasive than getting your tubes tied. I mean- you gave birth to 2 children- can't he step up and take one for the team??
    Anonymous