Gabriel (Gabe)???

I'm 37 weeks pregnant with our second son (Our first son's name is Colton James). My husband really likes the name Gabriel, but I'm not to sure about it. I have 6 brothers and 3 sisters and most of them don't like it either (my opinion was this way before we even started telling people the name, so it's not like they persuaded me not to like it). What do you think of the name Gabriel? What other names do you really like? I only have a few short weeks left, I need a name we (me and my husband) can agree on!

amygoetsch

Asked by amygoetsch at 6:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Baby Names

• personally, I love that name....it goes real well with Ryan. And it works well as a middle name too. So maybe you could pick a name that you liked for the first name and use Gabriel as the middle name.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I like that name, its my husbands name.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i love that name! years ago while working in preschool, (which i'm back into now) we had a kid named gabriel, the cutest boy ever! (until my son was born anyway lol) and he was so good...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Love it!!!!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I like it, but my husband doesn't. We are naming our little man Luke Alexander.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't like the name Gabriel, but I love Gabe!

Some other boy names I like are Jensen, Jace, Adam, Benjamin, Collin, Corbin, Declan, Everett, Fletcher, Garrett, Oliver, Zane, etc.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I really like Gabriel, we both do. But our niece is Gabriella, so we didn't even consider it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I like Gabriel, but if you aren't sure, maybe you could find something similar in style that you'd both really like. My second child's name has grown on me. I really didn't want to name our son that name, it was just "okay" in my book. DH loved it. I came up with another name that he thought was "okay" but didn't love. In the end, we went with the original name that I thought was "okay." It grew on me. For the first couple months, I kept looking at my son trying to figure out a better fitting name. Eventually, I came to realize the name really does fit him.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I like it. It's nice and simple, easy to spell and pronounce.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 5:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It's not a name i would use but its still cute.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011