• In the Spotlight:

Do you wait at the bus stop with your kids?

Mine always want me to go out with them. grade 3 and kindergarten. :) there will come a time they won't want me too.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, even though it's at the end of my driveway.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My dd wants us to drive her to the end of the driveway, but she wants to walk home by herself
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• the elementary school is literally like half a mile from our home, if not less. its in our housing development with plenty of people around so i feel completely secure in them walking to/from when theyre older. in the beginning years though i will walk with them and meet them after school, until they ask me to stop. :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My daughter is in preschool and the bus comes to the house (end of the drive way) but I am expected to walk her to the bus. Next year, it won't be a requirement, but I'll definitely still walk her to the bus and wait with her for a few years.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• When my kids rode the bus, I waited at the bus stop with them, even though it was just across the street from my house. In the afternoon, I stood at the end of the driveway and waited for the bus to bring them home. It was what I thought was best for my kids.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• When they rode yes I waited with them and for them and it didnt matter how old they were. Now we drive them. I dont trust the world anymore, not even bus driver to drive my kids.

Answer by gemgem at 7:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We've been lucky to always have the bus come to our driveway. If it didn't, I would have went to the bus stop probably up till the 6th grade or age 12. Especially with girls.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My DD is in jr high and Yes, I always wait at the stop with her until we see the bus come around the corner. My boys are picked up and dropped off in front of the house. I also go to the stop and wait for her after school.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• my husband usually goes to work right after the kids get on the bus, so he is usually at the bus stop. if he can't be there, then i am. there are about 12 kids at our stop, and i think someone needs to be there.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011