Breakfast ideas for my DH?!

my husband gets up at 6 and has to be out the door by 7 every morning. I am usually stillsleeping bc my ds doesnt get up untill 730. What are some quick ideas for breakfast that i can make him fast in the morning, other than oatmeal he claims that doesn't fill him?!?!

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 7:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We eat a lot of toast and bagels at our house, and lots of cereal.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Breakfast Burritos (if he likes tortillas) Fry you sausage, bacon, and/or ham the night before and put in the fridge. Scramble up your eggs in the morning with hash browns then just a quick rewarm of the meat, melt some cheese in with the eggs...and wrap away. If you have time you can throw them in a pan with a little bit of grease or Pam (just enough so it doesn't stick. Wrap in tin foil and he can eat on the go.

Breakfast sandwiches...get some english muffins and make his favorite breakfast.
    Pancake Taco's.... pancakes and his favorite breakfast meat or even an egg
    Waffle sandwich...two waffles with sausage and egg or bacon and egg (you get the point lol)
    Good Luck!!!
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My Dh loves breakfast sandwiches. Toast the english muffins, put one egg in a bowl and stir it, cook for 1 min. Then cook some pre-cooked saused and bacon...make sandwhich, add cheese. Its really good! Otherwise you can buy them pre-made(jimmy dean).

Bagles, wafles, theres lots of differnt pre-made frozen breakfasts.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:37 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My Hubby eats a bowl of healthy cereal and coffee to start his day. I don't think you have to make something big to be enough. With just an hour I don't really see how you could get up, cook, and then he eats, in that short amount of time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I love an English muffin with a scrambled egg, a slice of Canadian bacon, and a slice of cheese. Just like storebought!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• He needs protein. An egg sandwich or egg with bacon, ham or sausage. You can even make them ahead and re-heat.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i am the same, you know they can feed them selfs, they are grown adults
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Make him one of those rice (or grits) cups with scrambled eggs. I make a batch of rice each week and warm it up for breakfast. I use Oscar Mayer microwave bacon and crumble it in with the eggs and rice. That keeps me full for a long time.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• waffles! : ]
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 5:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Smoothies, toast, waffles, pancakes, bagels or muffins
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2011