I think moms should really be more proud of theirselves!

I think we give ourselves alot less credit than we deserve. I mean where would everyone be without us? We do everything! This is much easier said than done though. what do u ladies think?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think you're right.. When I tell someone I'm a SAHM I instantly look down, and feel bad saying it. I honestly wish I could feel more confident about my job, but I think it's because I don't get paid to do it. I think that's part of the reason we feel less proud of ourselves.

Yes I appreciate what my Hubby does, so I can stay home and be here for our boys 24/7... I tell him all the time how thankful I am that we can afford it, because there are so many that can't. Kitchenwitch78, I also see your point and the other Moms too.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• this made me giggle, but only because it made me feel less than grateful for a moment. I don't think I do everything...I'm a wahm and sure I take care of the house, yard, and kids.... but if it wasn't for hubby I wouldn't be living my dream... Those in our lives that we take care of would find a way to live without us if need be. Sure we should pat ourselves on the back...but we shouldn't live in a false reality where we believe that what we do is any greater than the person beside us, or that anyone wouldn't survive without us.

Women in general should take a moment to pat themselves on the back for all that they do...but after that they should take a moment to pat their SO on the back and say thanks too. Here's to a wonderful Monday... Brightest Blessings :)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree. I hope all moms pat themselves on the back more often if they have happy, healthy, children. We all lose sight of this when we are going through our busy days.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree. women tend to really judge themselves and too often find themselves lacking. when we do so much and so many things we would be hard pressed to actually figure out all it is we do.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 7:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree and I am proud of myself. The only bad thing (if you can say its bad) I can say for myself is I tend to over schedule. Then I get really exhausted.

Answer by gemgem at 7:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You are right. We are all awesome and have a very hard job.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree with you.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• "Sure we should pat ourselves on the back...but we shouldn't live in a false reality where we believe that what we do is any greater than the person beside us, or that anyone wouldn't survive without us."

i didnt say wouldnt survive. i said where would they be? we surely make things so much easier by just being around.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree =)
    flmomma4

Answer by flmomma4 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 1, 2011