How long after an internal exam would you expect some spotting?

I'm 28 weeks and had some contractions over the weekend. They did an internal exam at Labor and Delivery, that was about 10pm Saturday. I had some pink spotting yesterday night and again this morning, do you think it's likely that I'm just now spotting from the exam? I have to follow up with my doctor, so I'm going to call them in two hours when they open, but I was just curious. Thanks! = )

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 8:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yeah if it's really light and pink it could be from the exam. normally it's right after though. i was checked one day and was having some pink spotting throughout the rest of the day, the next day i was having contractions, still a little spotting so i put on a pad. went to L&D, they checked me again but sent me home cuz i was only 3cm, had more spotting so kept a pad on. thank God cuz 2 hrs later (they gave me a sleeping pill) i was in bed, felt a gush, i swear i thought it was blood and about flipped out. i jumped over the pillows surrounding me, made it to the bathroom (master bath, right next to the bed) was relieved when i found out it was my water, and that the pad saved my bed from being ruined lol.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• oh yeah call your OB anyway just in case, since everyone is different
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• check with the doc but probably..
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• a couple hours. If it is a lot call your OB. he/she will tell you if it is ok or not
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 10:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Call and check with the Dr. Set your mind to ease :)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011