Internet

I am unable to get DSL where I live.... I am curious if anyone has any other options for me? I need it for college, so I can take several of my classes online. I know there is AT&T air cards, there is satellite internet, and of course dial up, but which is better? I have heard both with the air card. I've heard that each time you go to a web page it uses your mega bytes, but then I've heard it only uses them up when you download things? I'm not sure as to the correct answer for this. Can anyone please help me out!! Thanks.

momofboygirl2

Asked by momofboygirl2 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Technology

• i know dial up isnt good. My mom has a verizon air card and she likes it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• but does the air card take away your mega bytes or whatever it is for each website you go to, or only if you download something?
    momofboygirl2

Comment by momofboygirl2 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• have you called At&T to see if they offer something via the phone lines or cable lines?
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 8:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would call around and see what different companies have to offer
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• no one has anything where i live, except i can get the air card or internet satellite.... however internet satellite is so expensive, and i've heard it is very slow
    momofboygirl2

Comment by momofboygirl2 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We have unlimited DSL in our home, it's the best option for home.

Hubby has an aircard, and yes it uses MB, and it's easy to go over them. (Hubby uses an aircard because he drives over the road)

Dialup, well it's just plain slow.

Satellite is really expensive.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You don't have any cable companies where you live? We have Brighthouse elsewhere it is called TimeWarner Cable. They are really good and fast.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 10:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ask what public places like the library; or eater's have for connections services.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I use cricket and for 40 a month its the best thing for me!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The air card works great - wherever you get phone reception, you have the internet. Just avoid downloading any information while connected to the card, or do that at a networked or free wifi site.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011