Sister drama

Okay.. so, visited with my sister (3hrs away) and my hubby left some items behind. We were about 30 min away when she called.. so, we asked hey can you meet us half way -- realize it's our fault but it would help not making the trip that much longer. (We were travelling with mom and our littlest one (4). She tells me.. sorry, I can't figure out how to make that work I have a friend I am meeting for lunch. She then tells me -- I'll leave it on the porch for you so we can leave and you can pick it up without us waiting. Then.. she proceeds to talk for 25min about how she can't possibly meet up with us (we stopped and were shopping for baby furniture at the time thank goodness or we would have been MUCH further away). It would have been a 30 min drive to meet up with us.. so, my question is -- was I being unreasonable in asking her to do this for me? I am trying to figure out why she would not want to help me a little...

Camilletnt

Asked by Camilletnt at 8:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• no not reasonable. She probably just didnt want to go out of her way to do you the favor, she could of just had a later lunch because 15 minutes isnt that far out of the way but i have the feeling she just didnt want to, kind of like my sister, you would think she would get off her butt to do something but she always 'doesnt feel like it". i bet thats what it was
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think I would have asked her to pack it in a box and mail it to you. Why bother driving back.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't think that you were being unreasonable but she was busy with other plans.  If you were my sister and we were in this situation I think I would have called my friend and said that I would be a few minutes late and driven that little bit to meet you guys though.  Just my opinion.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I should have mentioned my hubby's glasses were in there and he needed them.. he's blind without lol. But he does have contacts however, allergy season ... and we're in jobs where you can't just go without...
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You forgot them, and you want her to stop her plans and bring them to you? Do I have that right? And you're travelling with mom and a little one, but you had time to stop and shop for baby furniture, and it sounds like you kept her on the phone trying to get her to meet you half way and she was telling you she had another committment, and then would have to leave them for you on the porch. And your husband really needs his glasses, another reason why she should have done it? While you were talking to her for 25 minutes, why didn't you get in the car and start driving? She had you all there for the weekend, maybe she needed a break. It's a lot of work and stress having guests for the weekend. It all just sounds to me like you're looking for someone to back you up on your right to start a family feud.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• no, i would have asked the same thing
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just to give a little background... no, just wanted to see what I was missing. Ummm... I went there to pick up my ill mother and literally stayed there a total of 18 hrs... not the weekend. I drove up, showered, went to church, picked up coffee and donuts for her and her fiance.. and left.. Yes, a really tough weekend putting up with me and my family...she just didn't want to be bothered which is what she wound up calling me later to tell me. So, I was right that it was really her and not me so, I dont feel like an a## for being a little upset at her shall I say inconsiderateness... considering I am the one taking on my mother and letting her have peace and quiet. AND I would not consider FAMILY a hotel... ridiculous comment. Respect... please a motel would mail it to you. Thank you for showing me there are other people who are considerate like I would be and then again.... others who are not. No family feud here.
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you had left them in a motel would you ask the manager to meet you half way? Show her the same respect that you would show a stranger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2011