Food prices

Has anyone else noticed them going up? And I dont mean with some items just a few cents. I went to get some groceries over the weekend and decided to pick up some Wheat Thins. Normally I get the off brand and they cost me around $1.75 instead of the $2.50 or so the name brand costs. Well Wheat thins went up to over $3 and the off brand was $2.50. I really couldnt believe it, and mind you this is a rise over the past couple of weeks. That is just one example too. I wont even go into the fruit.

Has anyone else noticed things going up?

Asked by gemgem at 8:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes and it is horrible to try and follow a diet(I am diabetic so the stuff is even more expensive) or even to eat healthy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• ya they want to fix the economy but when u cant afford the basics u cant buy anything else.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, I've noticed it for awhile. We stopped buying beef and a few other things because of it
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes and truthfully it scares me. The more I listen to financial analysts, hear them talking about gas going up to $9/gallon (which causes the price of everything else to go up) . . . it scares me to death!

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Doesnt surprise me at all since the government wants the people to fall right on their faces so that they can take over every thing. Like start rationing things out like gas and food and other things that people need to just survive.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yes i have noticed it. tomatoes 3 for 2.00 pitful small tomatoes. lettuce 1.48, my bread went from 75 cents to 1.48 a loaf. cokes 4.75 for a 12 pack name brand, ground beef 7.00 for 3 pounds and that was with a discount card. cheese 2.50 12 pack and i won't even start on milk prices
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yup, gas prices are on the rise again , and the economy isnt getting better. I try to bulk shop when things are on sale and i have a good coupon , pick up some extras. but it doesnt always work out.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 8:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Definitely. I am trying to be a more savvy shopper these days, actually using coupons and shopping sales items. I scour the Publix and Kroger ads each week to see what's on special, then stock up on those items. Doing it this way, you can keep your grocery bill about the same in spite of the rising prices. But yeah, I'm totally with ya--it's very disappointing and worrisome to see everything going up,up,up.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have been aware of rising food costs for a while now.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• When gas futures go up.. everything goes up and they've been predicting higher gas costs for a while.. so, yup and watch the size you're getting for your money that has gone DOWN...
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2011